SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Blingby, LLC. and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries (collectively, “Blingby”) respect your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to personal data collected by Blingby through the blingby.com website, and other websites which we operate and on which we post a direct link to this Privacy Statement. For some websites managed by Blingby affiliates, the affiliate may act as a controller for data collected from the website. This Privacy Statement may not apply to other websites that use Blingby technology. Such websites may have their own privacy statements, which we encourage you to review.
Blingby’s obligations with respect to personal data that may be held on behalf of customers in connection with their using our technology, are defined in our agreements with our customers and are not governed by this Privacy Statement.
As used in this Privacy Statement, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- Videos you watch and your interaction with the content;
- Voice and audio information when you use audio features;
- Purchase activity when we have APIs integrated to the CTA;
- How you communicate or share content;
- Activity on third-party sites and apps that use our services;
- When you create a user account;
- When you request support;
- When you interact with our chat box;
- When you request information, demos or materials;
- When you participate in surveys or evaluations;
- When you participate in promotions, contests, or giveaways;
- When you apply for employment;
- When you submit questions or comments; or share content;
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the types of personal data collected directly from you may include, without limitation:
- Information used to communicate with you, such as name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address and language;
- Information that Blingby maintains in association with your account, such as your username, password, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status and support inquiries;
- Information contained in your job inquiries or applications, such as resume, cover letter, age, education, professional history and contact details.
We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites and response to our emails through the use of various technologies.
Collecting information in this manner allows us to analyze the effectiveness of our websites and our marketing efforts, personalize your experience and improve our interactions with you. For more information about the technologies we employ for these purposes, see the “Cookies and Other Technologies” section below.
We may also supplement the personal data we collect from you with additional personal data we receive from third parties, such as your employer, our customers, and our business partners where you purchase any of our products or services through such business partners. We do this to help us improve the overall accuracy of the information and services and its completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
HOW WE USE (PROCESS) YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Blingby uses personal data in an effort to enhance your experience on our websites. In addition, we may use personal data we collect about you to:
- Identify and Authenticate You. We use your personal data to verify your identity when you access and use our Services and to ensure the security of your personal data. This includes your creation of an account that is associated with your personal data. The personal data that may be collected and processed for this purpose includes: name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, language, username, and password. We process this information in order to comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Fulfill Your Requests. If you request something from Blingby, such as a product or service, a call back, a newsletter subscription, or specific marketing or other materials, we use the personal data you provide to respond to your request. We or our representatives may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sending marketing messages. The personal data that may be collected and processed for this purpose includes: name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, language, username, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status, and support inquiries. We process this information in order to comply with our contractual obligations to you when responding to your requests. In other cases it is in our legitimate business interests to be able to provide customers and prospective customers with information, goods, or services they request.
- Provide You with Information About Our Products, Services and Events. Blingby may use your personal data to notify you about product and service offerings as well as events that we believe may be of interest to you. Blingby also may use your personal data to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other specific requests. The personal data that may be collected and processed for this purpose includes: name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, language, username, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status, and support inquiries. It is in our legitimate business interests to be able to provide customers, prospective customers, and the public with information about our products, services, and events.
- Provide Support and Customer Service. We use your personal data to provide support for products or services you have obtained from us and answer other questions. In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your systems. This data may contain information about you, or your organization’s business, employees, customers, partners, or suppliers. This Privacy Statement does not govern our access to or handling of this information. The conditions regarding the handling and processing of that data is covered by the applicable agreement between you and Blingby, such as our Enterprise Agreement. The personal data that may be collected and processed for this purpose includes: name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, language, username, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status, and support inquiries. We process this information in order to comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Process Your Job Application. When you apply for a position at Blingby, we use the personal data you provide for the purpose of assessing your application, considering you for future positions and carrying out human resources functions in accordance with applicable law. Blingby will share the personal data you supply during the application process with internal human resources professionals as well as professionals in our business functions who are participating in the application and interview process. The personal data that may be collected, shared, and/or processed for this purpose includes: name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, language, resume, cover letter, age, education, professional history and contact details. It is in our legitimate business interests to be able to review the qualifications of prospective employees and perform human resources functions with regard to our employees. We will not use your personal data in a manner that is inconsistent with the purpose of its original collection, unless you have consented.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Blingby will not sell, rent or lease your Personal Data to others without your consent. Blingby discloses Personal Data in the following ways:
- Blingby may disclose personal data to business partners and service providers in order to support our business operations, such as (but not limited to), following up on requests, providing support and assisting Blingby with sales, marketing and communication initiatives. These business partners include (but are not limited to) publishers, brands, influencers, and others that generate content and that advertise products and services. Business partners and service providers are required by contract to keep the information received on behalf of Blingby confidential and secure and not use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided to them.
- Blingby may disclose personal data as required by law or legal process, such as responding to a duly authorized and lawful request of a police or public authority (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), to enforce or protect the rights of Blingby, when such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss as permitted by applicable law, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Blingby may also disclose personal data in the context of a business transaction involving part or all of Blingby, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal data to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is Blingby’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. Following such a business transaction, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal data with any inquiries concerning the use of that information.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Blingby uses some cookies that are strictly necessary for the delivery of services on our websites. Cookies that are strictly necessary allow us to improve the safety and security of our websites, authenticate account users, allow you to access your private accounts on our websites, allow you to sign into different portions of our websites with the use of only one login, balance the traffic on our websites, and remember items in your shopping cart. Cookies that are strictly necessary are not used for marketing purposes.
In addition, we may use re-marketing technology to advertise on other websites you may visit. In doing so, a third party may place or read a unique ad-serving cookie on your device and use technical information about your browser and your activity at a Blingby website to serve advertisements to you on non-Blingby websites.
If you do not want your information to be stored by cookies, you can configure your browser so that it always rejects these cookies or asks you each time whether you want to accept them or not. However, you must understand that choosing to reject cookies may reduce the performance and functionality of our websites. Your browser documentation includes instructions explaining how to enable, disable or delete cookies at the browser level (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). While Blingby websites at this time generally do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser.
Blingby also uses web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about usage of our websites and interaction with emails from Blingby (e.g., open rates, click through rates). Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your device, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website tied to the web beacon. For example, Blingby may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify Blingby when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. Blingby uses web beacons to operate and improve our websites and email communications.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
In accordance with the laws of certain countries, you may have certain rights and choices regarding the personal data we collect and maintain about you, and how we communicate with you.
Where the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) applies to the processing of your personal data, especially when you access the website from a country in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the following rights, subject to some limitations, against the respective Blingby Company responsible for the website you are using:
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to rectify the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to erase your personal data;
- The right to restrict our use of your personal data;
- The right to object to our use of your personal data;
- The right to receive your personal data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (also known as the right of data portability);
- The right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority; If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so via our Personal Data Request Form. Where the GDPR applies, you also have the right to withdraw any consent you have given to uses of your personal data. If you wish to withdraw consent that you have previously provided to us, you may do so via our Feedback Form. However, the withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Where the GDPR does not apply, Blingby grants you the ability to access, modify, or update some of your personal data online at any time. You may log in and make changes to your information, such as your password, your contact information, your general preferences, and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us via our Feedback Form and describe the changes you want made to the information you have previously provided. However, note that changing or deleting information necessary for Blingby to assist with support, services, and purchases may result in a delay or interruption in processing your requests. You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials by email from Blingby or our business partners when you create a redhat.com account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal data, or when we send you a marketing email. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain adequate consent to provide you with these marketing materials. You also have the ability to opt out of receiving marketing emails from Blingby at any time without cost by clicking on the relevant link contained in our marketing emails or by contacting us via our Feedback Form. You can also exercise your rights and choices by contacting us as described below under “How to Contact Us.”
Blingby intends to protect your personal data. We have implemented appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain personal data such as payment information when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our business partners and service providers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
SOCIAL MEDIA, PUBLIC FORUMS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Blingby may provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and interact with Blingby on various social media websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media websites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those websites.
Our websites may make chat rooms, forums, blogs, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Remember that your comments and posts become publicly available, and we urge you to exercise discretion when submitting such content.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. Blingby does not control and is not responsible for the information collected by websites that can be reached through links from our websites. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked websites, please contact the organizations that operate those websites directly.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
Blingby’s products and services are not directed to children and Blingby does not knowingly collect online personal data from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor under the age of 16 and believe that he or she has disclosed personal data to us, please contact us via our Feedback Form or as described below under “How to Contact Us.”
DATA TRANSFERS AND PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORKS
Blingby may transfer your personal data to other Blingby entities in the United States and elsewhere. The United States and other countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country from which you initially provided the information. Where required by applicable law, we have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. When transferring your personal data internationally, Blingby will protect your personal data as provided in this Privacy Statement. If you wish to obtain a copy of the relevant safeguards that are in place to protect the international transfer of your personal data, please contact us as described below under “How to Contact Us.”
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Blingby reserves the right to make corrections, changes or amendments to this Privacy Statement at any time. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted on this website. A notice will be posted on our homepage for 30 days whenever this Privacy Statement is changed in a material way, and the date of last update will be indicated at the top of the Privacy Statement. If you do not refuse the changes in writing within that notice period, this shall mean that you have consented to the Privacy Statement as changed, including with respect to personal data provided to us prior to the changes in the Privacy Statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement for any changes or updates.
EEA DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and wish to raise a concern about our use of your personal data, you may direct questions or complaints by mail to:
142 West 57th, New York,
Alternatively, you may contact your local supervisory authority.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about Blingby’s privacy practices or use of your personal data, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, via our Feedback Form or by mail at:
142 West 57th, New York,
Managing Cookie Preferences
Instructions, in brief, for managing cookie preferences in popular browsers. These instructions are subject to change. For complete, up-to-date instructions, always refer to directions provided by the browser’s author.
To delete cookies in Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More > Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings.
- Click Cookies.
- Under “All cookies and site data,” search for the website’s name.
- To the right of the site, click Remove
Detailed instructions here: Click Here
Changing cookie settings:
- Click the menu button and choose Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Select Accept cookies and site data from websites (recommended) to enable cookies. To disable cookies, select Block cookies and site data (may cause websites to break).
Detailed instructions: Click Here
To delete existing cookies:
- Click the menu button and choose Preference.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click the Manage Data... button. The Manage Cookies and Site Data dialog will appear.
- In the Search websites field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. Items that match your search will be displayed.
- To remove all cookies and storage data for the website, click Remove All Shown.
- To remove selected items, select an entry and click Remove Selected.
- Click Save Changes.
- In the Removing Cookies and Site Data confirmation dialog that opens, click Remove.
- Close the about:preferences page.
Detailed instructions: Click Here
To change cookie settings:
Choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy, then do any of the following:
- Change which cookies and website data are accepted: Select a “Cookies and website data” option:
- Always block: Safari doesn’t let any websites, third parties, or advertisers store cookies and other data on your Mac. This may prevent some websites from working properly.
- Allow from current website only: Safari accepts cookies and website data only from the website you’re currently visiting. Websites often have embedded content from other sources. Safari does not allow these third parties to store or access cookies or other data.
- Allow from websites I visit: Safari accepts cookies and website data only from websites you visit. Safari uses your existing cookies to determine whether you have visited a website before. Selecting this option helps prevent websites that have embedded content in other websites you browse from storing cookies and data on your Mac.
- Always allow: Safari lets all websites, third parties, and advertisers store cookies and other data on your Mac.
- Remove stored cookies and data: Click Manage Website Data, select one or more websites, then click Remove or Remove All. Removing the data may reduce tracking, but may also log you out of websites or change website behavior.
- See which websites store cookies or data: Click Manage Website Data.
Detailed instructions: Click Here
To block cookies:
- In Microsoft Edge, go to More > Settings.
- Select View advanced settings.
- Under Privacy and services > Cookies, choose the right option for you:
- Block all cookies doesn’t let any website save cookies to your computer.
- Block only third party cookies allows cookies from the website you’re on, but blocks cookies from external web services, like from ads embedded on webpages you visit.
Detailed instructions: Click Here